What’s the cause of insomnia? Insomnia can occur for many reasons. But the number one cause of insomnia is stress and anxiety. From the matter that affects the mind. Especially during bedtime when the brain is thinking and processing.
The more stressed, the more your body responds with the release of cortisol. and the adrenaline comes out. This is a substance that interferes with sleep, making it difficult to fall asleep. Including people suffering from depression. They often have insomnia or difficulty falling asleep. Other reasons such as
- Environment such as loud noise, bad smell, the bedroom is too bright. The bed or pillows are uncomfortable.
- make a career in shifts have to switch shifts make it not time to sleep
- Chronic illnesses such as allergies, asthma, high blood pressure GERD including entering menopause Hormonal fluctuations result in difficulty falling asleep.
- Some daily activities, such as smoking, drinking alcohol Caffeinated beverages before bed can cause insomnia or eating too much until the stomach is uncomfortable
- certain medications It interferes with sleep, such as some types of painkillers blood pressure medication.